Is your business part of the litter problem?
- Do you provide cigarette and trash receptacles at entrances, exits, loading docks, parking lots and along walkways of your business?
- Do you check dumpsters daily to see that top and side doors are closed?
- Do you cover all open loads on trucks leaving your business and encourage vendors and contractors to do the same?
- Do you educate your employees about the importance of individual responsibility for a clean and safe working environment?
If you answered "no" to any of these, you may be littering
without even knowing it.
Georgia's business community has a lot at stake when it comes to solving our litter problem. Litter has a direct economic impact, not only in terms of the money spent on cleaning it up, but also in terms of Georgia's continued ability to attract new businesses to our state. Here are a few ways for your business to get involved in the Litter. It Costs You campaign:
- Join the Georgia Department of Transportation's Adopt-A-Highway program
- Put together a team for Rivers Alive in October
- Become a sponsor of litter prevention and abatement organizations, such as the Keep Georgia Beautiful Foundation